A few photos from the opening of the AP Studio Art exhibition
This Thursday saw over 100 students gather at CDS to celebrate a great year of Athletic events. This was the first formal Athletics Award Evening at CDS and it was a great way to end the sporting year. A full list of award winners and photographs will follow soon. For now I've added a short video to give a flavor of the event.
This slideshow shows some of the activities students participated in during the 2016 Cambodia World Experience tour
This summer, CDS is opening their gym doors to anyone who is interested in improving their volleyball skills. The CDS summer volleyball camp will run from June 20th-24th from 9am to noon. Special guest coaches will be invited to help you refine your skills and get you ready for the upcoming season. Even if you are not planning on trying out for the volleyball team, this could be a great opportunity to get in shape and have some fun. Students will be responsible for getting themselves to and from school each day. The sign-up fee will be 200,000 won and the deadline is June 10th. For more information, please contact Mr. Tronsgard in First Program or visit the high school office.
During times when there is no exam students will follow the regular schedule but will have study periods in class to allow them to prepare for exams.
"The AP Studio Art class would like to invite you to the opening of final portfolio exhibition. As part of their Term 5 project they have arranged an exhibition featuring their portfolios developed throughout the school year, and next week is the opening reception! The reception will be held Monday, May 30th from 5:30pm-7:00pm in the CDS Gallery (outside of Dalton Hall). There will be some refreshments, music, and of course artwork."
We have some more info from Language House about the textbook ordering process.
1. Shipping fees - There is no shipping charge, except for orders less than 20,000 won (in which case there will be a delivery fee of 2,500 won).
2. 2nd order deadline, arrival of books - They don't have an exact date by which books will arrive after the second order deadline of June 19; however, we know that they will be shipping after July 20 and they assured us that books would be available before the start of school.
3. 3rd order deadline - The 3rd order deadline has not been decided yet, but it will probably be the first or second week of July (before July 10).
4. Problems entering address into order form - Some students have had difficulty ordering from the website because they cannot find their zip code in the address form and there is no option to enter it manually. In this case, Language House would like students/parents to call them directly so they can assist (031-924-0606 or 010-6639-3379).
5. Express shipping - Express shipping may be possible for some books. They said they cannot promise express shipping for all books because it depends on whether publishers or other companies can provide the book to them on time. If a student/parent wants express shipping, they should call Language House who can assist them (031-924-0606 or 010-6639-3379). In any case, they estimated 2-3 weeks for arrival of books at the latest, for students who order late.
This slideshow shows some of the activities students participated in during the 2016 Hongcheon World Experience tour
This slideshow shows some of the activities students participated in during the 2016 Madrid World Experience tour
I'm writing this to let you know that our 2016-2017 textbooks are now available you may order them through the following website if you order them by the 22nd of May they will be delivered to the second week of July.
There will be other opportunities to buy through this website, however the mass order which will get cheaper prices for shipping should be completed by midnight on May 22nd if you're not sure of any of the course selections that your student has made please check with your student as soon as possible. Also the PTA are organizing a swap if you would like to swap books please make this known to the PTA.
The textbook list for grades 9 & 10 is given below.
For the textbook list for grades 11 & 12, please refer to left side of “category” menu in Language House website.
At present the website is all in Korean but it is reasonably intuitive. Should you have any questions about the site you may contact CDS Library.
Here you will find announcements from the Director of High School